Sunday 10 February 2013

The Next Step

Evening all

The early part of 2013 has not been to kind to me as a reporter. Yes I have been getting work for the KSN and for the Medway Times which is still pretty good and it is keeping my list up to date with contacts. But after a recent conversation with a career adviser where he said that if I do not get any paid reporting work soon, then I would have to give my up career as a reporter.

Now i definitely do not want to do that and I spent around a day really panicking and worrying a lot about what to do next.

Then it just hit me like a stone, why not try some freelancing work as a reporter and finally get some PAID work as a reporter.

Now i do have to admit that i am a bit of a 'Newbie' when it comes to being a freelance reporter, and I had a lot of questions to ask about being a freelancer and where to start.

But with a lot of help from some very kind people on Twitter - you know who you are - I managed to get an idea of what is needed and where to start. I know that it will be a difficult start to get up and running but i do have the faith and confidence to get up and running and start to make a name for myself as a paid reporter.

After of what has happened to me and for the future, all i am going to say is the following:

Watch This Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment