Saturday 7 July 2012

John Seager's 30 for 30: Day 14


A Cunning look back of 30 days which have changed my life over the past 30 years

Day 14:  25th December 2003 – An unwelcome Xmas present

Evening all,



Christmas should be a time of year for celebrating, spending time with families and getting drunk on the 24th and waking up on the 25th with no hangover and opening that special present under the tree.

For me Christmas Eve 2003 year was quite a different one as i received a present which i can’t understand why i got it.

I just finished work after a long day and i was prepared to go out and have a good evening to celebrate Christmas. I couldn’t drink too much as i was working on Christmas Day – they were offering triple pay so i couldn’t turn it down –  so i went out with the intention to limit myself and get something to eat where necessary.

Later in the evening it was about 11pm and it was chucking out time. I was ok at this point. I had a few but i was not drunk and i was even walking unaided. Then we hit a club which we normally hit on Christmas Eve, it was called Fat Sam’s it wasn’t the best but it was the only club in town at the time and it was open till 2am.

There were a few of us in our group and then we decided to have a dance after getting our drinks.

And then all of a sudden, everything went blank.

The next thing i can remember was waking up in a back room of the club with a massive bloodshot eye and a severe bruise to my eye.

I wasn’t too sure what happened as i was in shock about my eye, but apparently someone in the club took a dislike to me and hit me hard and knocked me out.

The guy who hit me was gathered on and taken outside by the bouncers and arrested by the police.  

For me though, that was my evening done. I was picked up and taken home. Knowing that i had a massive bruise and a bloodshot eye, the next few days would be difficult and challenging.

I did manage to get though Christmas without any more trouble. But i did get a lot of stick form my work colleagues over my eye, which i was expecting.

Overall though, the night has affected me. I now rarely go out for the evening and go to another club just in case something like this may happened again.

Although i do enjoy myself on a night out, this night added with my previous troubles at school still makes me think twice about talking to someone in a club - especially a girl - or even chatting to someone i know in a club.

Because in an instant, it can turn ugly, very ugly

PS. There is a reason why there is no picture here. as i do not have one of what happened. and if i did i would not show it as it was pretty gruesome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment