Friday 20 July 2012

John Seager's 30 for 30: Day 27


A Cunning look back of 30 days which have changed my life over the past 30 years

Day 27:  28th June 2011 – Finally get to step up my game

Evening all,

Previously on here, i left you with the idea of the following:

“I was just hopeful that i can enjoy this experience and help me be a better reporter. Then i had an idea of how to stamp my mark on the station.”
To put it simply, my idea was to broadcast my own local news bulletins like they do on other local radio stations where i live. I would be sourcing and writing my own stories and broadcasting them on the hour every hour that i am in the studio.

The plan was popular with my radio colleagues, they may have known more for a small period of time but they like me to bring my experience i have to the station. But i had to go to the committee in order to start broadcasting. I got the green light to start this work in May so i was hopeful that i can start straight away after this.

My first broadcast would come on the 28th June 2011, and boy i was under pressure to perform well on my first bulletin.


 Gearing myself up for another broadcast, Danger, High Voltage!

I manger to find at least six stories from the Canterbury and Herne Bay area – the area that the station can be received – and write a total of three 60 second bulletins to go out on the hour.

Luckily for me, I did my writing homework before i left home as i did my main block of writing at home. So all i had to do was to write any updates before my first broadcast.

At 6.02pm, it was time to start, and initially ok, my first bulletin i did not stumble on ay words and i did not miss any words out. So after the bulletin finished it was relieved but eager to do the second one an hour later.

After the night finished i was very happy with my work and i feel that i can do this over and over again and i feel that i can improve with every broadcast.

Since then, i have sated to really nail on the bulletins with time and with less words as well. I even had a crack of doing the national and local bulletins as well with the station. So i was happy to continue with this for a long time.

Although i did have to take a week off in September for a special project with my other colleagues at the radio station

But yet again, this is for another story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment