Friday 13 July 2012

John Seager's 30 for 30: Day 20


A Cunning look back of 30 days which have changed my life over the past 30 years

Day 20:  26th May 2007 – I’ll be back, one day

"Even if you stumble, you're moving forward."

Evening all,

The decision to leave Nottingham Trent Uni was a decision which was let lead me down a difficult and uneasy path which i have to say made me realise how life can be difficult at times.

But i was determined to try and make the best of a bad situation. However, that didn’t even work as the way i hoped.

After all troubles that i went through, I knew eventually i had to leave – for my own sake. And when i left Nottingham i knew i can restart my life all over again.

The day i left was the 26th May 2007, but what exactly happened during my life between February and May 2007. Well let me tell you.

My initial plan was to stay and continue to work for Currys in Nottingham although i wanted to move back to Canterbury to work for my old team again, i felt that i wanted to help out the team where i currently work.

However, i was working for long hours for 7 days at a time i never get anytime to myself. This lead to me not eating properly as my main source of income was spent on my rent where i was living.  This made me very sad

I was also not sleeping properly as well at this time because my mind was still in the belief that i was going to be working as a reporter and not living what was the real life.

I was also practically living on a food budget of £10 A MONTH!!!  Which i did manage to stretch to get a meal and a drink every day but i was not getting any goodness inside of me.  

I was also not very social at this time as well. I had a massive fall out with my colleagues one evening and i tried to patch things up but they weren’t listening to me so connecting with people at this time was very difficult. I also tried to have a relationship with a work colleague but she wasn’t interested in me at all. This continued to add to my sadness of how i was feeling at the time.

Later on this period, the sadness of what happened caught up with me, i was in a period where i was thinking about taking my own life as i felt that i disappointed myself and my family. But after a trip to the doctor i was told that i was on the verge of being clinically depressed and i had to leave in order to rebuild my life.

So a phone call was made to my mum and stepdad and two letters of resignation were sent out to my boss and my landlord and within a three week period i was packed and ready to leave.

I left Nottingham on the 26th May 2007, as i was leaving i felt that coming here was the right thing to do at the time but it turned out to be a bad decision in the end.

But i knew that i would be coming back to Nottingham eventually to complete what i stared back in 2006.  

But how was i going to recover what happened to me from the first time?

PS. There are no pictures to take from this time as i was not in a position to take pictures of my life at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment