Thursday 19 July 2012

John Seager's 30 for 30: Day 26


A Cunning look back of 30 days which have changed my life over the past 30 years

Day 26:  29th March 2011 – Are you Moyles in disguise?

Evening all,

I came out of the ITV News traineeship interview with one goal in mind; try to step up my game into being a reporter. I did send a lot of emails asking to be an intern within regional news programmes across the ITV News network, I failed with this attempt but i did get some encouraging emails about where to go from here.

One of those emails suggested that i try to become a radio broadcaster at a hospital radio station. I have never considered trying to apply for a radio station before as i wanted to work in TV news but i then realised that at this present time, its best to be multi-skilled as a broadcaster working in any form of work. So i decided to give it a chance.

I was initially going to work for Hospital radio swale but Canterbury Hospital Radio got back to me first and invited me along for a night to see what it is like.


This could be the start of good times ahead

My first day would be the 29th March 2011 and i was hopeful it was going to go well.
It did take me a little while to find the studio which was situated right at the back of the hospital but i did manage to get there with plenty of time before the shows started.

Once i got to the studio, i managed to sit on the rest of the shows for the day and i also manage to get involved during one of the shows as well.

Overall i did enjoy the day and i was eager to get started with some ideas i have for my show over the next few weeks and months.

I was just hopeful that i can enjoy this experience and help me be a better reporter. Then i had an idea of how to stamp my mark on the station

But that’s another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment